Madhya Pradesh Medical Device Park
Near Ujjain (Indore) To Facilitate Research,
Innovations & Product Developments For Support to New
Dr. B. K. Doshi
Managing Director, Doshi Consultants Pvt Ltd.
With the vision of our Prime
Minister for Atmanirbhar Bharat, with the support of
Department of Pharmaceutical, Govt. Of India, the
Madhya Pradesh Government is putting up a Advanced
Medical devices park at Vikram Udhyogpuri, Ujjain (M.P),
which is about 50 KM away from “the clean city Indore”.
Indore is well equipped and well
resoursed to provide Research and development of
medical devices and adopting new rapid technology.
The Medical devices park is
situated nearby pharmaceutical hub, IT hub, Healthcare
The leading hospitals like Reliance
(Kokilaben) Apollo, Shalby, Bombay Hospital, Medanta.
Leading Institute, University like
IIT, IIM, Symbiosis, NMIMS, DAVV SGSITS like
With Eco-system available in the
government of Madhya Pradesh and MPIDC, the medical
park is selected with fully developed infrastructure
so that the manufacturer can start there facility
1. Vikram Udyogpuri Limited (VUL),
a SPV incorporated under an agreement execute between
DMIDC (An agency of Government of India) and MPIDC and
2. Total Area of VUL is approximate 1096.63 Acres.
3. The Land allotted for medical devices park is 360
Acres out of which 201 Acre has been proposed for
medical devices industries and about 17 Acre has been
allotted for common scientific facilities.
4. VUL one of the first smart and sustainable
Industrial Cities in India and situated in the state
of Madhya Pradesh (centre of India)
5. Presence of Centre for Advance Technology (CAT)
BARC, IIT, IIM, Indo-German tool room for all product
development & design for medical device.
6. Indore has established IT/ITeS sector ecosystem
with presence of companies such as Infosys, TCS and
7. The site for the proposed VUL is located about 14
kms from Ujjain, 18 kms from Dewas and 50 kms from
8. The VUL township will consist of Industrial,
Manufacturing, public building, educational institutes
like medical college, Engineering college, Training
institutes, IT and Engineering services industries
9. Indore has emerged as Pharmaceutical and Healthcare
1. Providing Eco Friendly System in
the Medical Devices park.
2. Facilitates focused research on Organ Development
and Transplantation with 3D Bio Ink & Printing .
3. Enabling Rapid Technology Transfer from Research to
4. Enabling Technical Partnerships for product
5. Bringing strategic and coherent synergy in
6. Innovations and patent development through